Alberni Valley Bulldogs- Sales & Marketing Account Executive
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Operations, this individual will play a prominent role within the Bulldogs organization. This Individual will pursue all revenue generation activity for the club through selling and maintaining existing corporate partnerships. The Bulldogs play a major role in the community and this individual will fit into the current vision of the organization, one that will exemplify integrity and a can-do attitude. This individual will play an integral role in the continued development of revenue within the city of Port Alberni and the valley business community through the creation of new inventory, promotions, and maximization of current accounts.
- Prospect multiple companies on a daily basis to identify potential new corporate partners through cold calls, email, and networking opportunities.
- Meet with existing corporate partners to assess their needs and renew/upsell.
- Develop relationships within the community by consistently attending various community events to promote the Alberni Valley Bulldogs.
- Follow through the sales process from initial contact all the way through execution of a signed agreement.
- Work to service all corporate accounts to make sure they receive everything agreed upon in their partnership agreement. Responsible for making sure all advertising elements are executed on time.
- Help plan and execute the club’s promotional schedule.
- Contribute to social media development, content, and execution.
- Be a leader within the office environment, setting an example of hard work, determination, and being a team player at all times.
- Occasionally interact with Hockey operations staff and players to help execute events in the community.
- Search our community opportunities for the team to be involved in to enhance the club’s profile within Port Alberni.
- Provide creative input on marketing and outreach efforts to grow the Bulldogs brand and profile in the community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high-profile, competitive marketplace.
- Manage tight deadlines and multiple projects.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required by the schedule. This is not a Monday to Friday, 9-5 position. We’re looking for someone to be “all-in” in helping take the Bulldogs organization to the next level.
- Sales experience is preferred; however, we will consider the individual before the experience level. If experience is lacking, you must have the desire to be coached and learn this business.
- Computer proficiency required.
This position is a Salary + commission structure and includes two weeks holidays annually.
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining how you feel you can help take the Bulldogs off-ice product to the next level to firstname.lastname@example.org