Dear Bulldogs Nation,
Well, tonight our season came to an end after losing to the Grizzlies in Game 7. What a series it was.
And, what a season it has been. When I joined this team back in August I knew I was coming to a team with a lot of support behind it but wow have I been blown away. It’s amazing.
I have had the true honor of meeting a lot of amazing people who love this organization.
I want to touch on a few different areas of our Hockey Club.
– Players – I can’t thank these guys enough for everything they do to make us proud. On top of a crazy hockey schedule with workouts, practices, travel and games they still managed to get to a ton of community events and volunteer hundersed of hours for Port Alberni.
– Players Parents – Thank you to you guys for trusting us to take care of your child for seven months and for supporting this organization through the various fundraising events we held.
– Fans – It’s true, we have the Best Fans in the BCHL, through thick and thin they are behind this club cheering them all on the way. This season we saw over 35,000 walk through our doors to support this team…you guys truly are amazing and can’t say enough great things about you. It’s been my pleasure to meet a lot of you this season.,
– Volunteers – I can’t count on my hands the amount of times our volunteers have saved my butt and helped me out. Our volunteers, where many of them have been here for several years come to games and our office roaring to go!! Thank you guys for making my job a lot easier.
– Billets – One of the biggest parts of making a Junior A Hockey Team successful is the Billet Program and with Laurie and Des leading the way, I don’t think we could ask for a better program. This season 11 billets opened their doors to welcome our players into their homes, and it’s amazing seeing the connections they have made.
– Corporate Partners – I can’t thank the Port Alberni Business Community Enough for putting your support behind us and allowing us to be apart of our advertising goals to make your company successful. I take great pride in meeting all of our sponsors and working with them for many season to come. I love to see the Dog Pound full of company logos!!
– Board of Directors – These people volunteer their time to make sure this club stays here in Port Alberni. They contribute hundreds of hours a year to make sure everything works smoothly. It’s not always easy but they make sure the jobs gets done. Thank you for putting your trust in me as your Director of Business Operations when my qualifications didn’t meet the criteria.
These past 8 months have truly been a big learning curve for me personally and I am truly honored to be wearing this Bulldogs logo with pride.
THANK. YOU. PORT. ALBERNI.
Director of Business Operations